History and Overview
Founded in 1996, Powersmiths is committed to building a sustainable future. Through the innovation, manufacturing and marketing of products and services, Powersmiths helps organizations manage and reduce resource-use and emissions, while supporting and promoting sustainability initiatives.
A commitment to sustainability guides Powersmiths to consistently strive to advance in the field of energy efficiency, stimulating substantial innovations in power quality and energy monitoring and management technologies. Powersmiths pioneered the development and manufacturing of ultra-efficient transformers offering our customers the lowest lifecycle ownership cost, which go far beyond the 2005 Energy Act. This includes data centers and mission critical facilities. To demonstrate the efficiency and performance of our products in the field, Powersmiths developed meters and sensors. These meters and sensors are used to quantify savings in kWh, cost and environmental impact. WOW was developed as a natural progression to fulfill the needs of the marketplace and support organizations on a journey to become more sustainable, economically, environmentally and socially.
Our vision is simple - by reducing our waste today, we are improving our environment for future generations.
The Powersmiths Team
Powersmiths is an equal opportunity employer who takes extraordinary pride in our employee competence and commitment to environmental, social and economic responsibility. Our diverse team of employees enjoys strong and innovative leadership, opportunities to advance and learn, a safe working environment, and the encouragement of working with a dedicated team of experts.
Generosity during social programs, such as food drives, charities and on-going participation in environmental and community programs, represents the Powersmiths team’s commitment to giving back and creating a more sustainable future.
Milestones and Recognition
- Manufactured the first transformers allowed to carry the Energy Star and Ecologo
- Recognized finalist of the NRC’s Energy Efficiency Award (2000)
- Rebuild America Department of Energy Allied Partner (2005)
- Achieved finalist status in the Uptime Institute’s Green IT Award (2009)
- Cited as a “Resource for Energy Efficiency” in Intel’s publication; “Energy Efficiency for Information Technology” (2009)
- Referenced by Cisco in their publication “Green IT” (2009)
- CSA International qualifies Powersmiths testing facility’s Energy Verification Procedures based on ISO 17025:2005 (2011)
Powersmiths is a proud member of: